Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Versatile Blogger

My friend Kris gave me the versatile blogger award. Unfortunately, I'm too technologically challenged to get the picture to show up, so you'll just have to trust me! Kris is an awesome person, and mother to her adorable son X. She has a beautiful family and her blog is so much fun to follow. I'm so glad that we have been able to become friends in real life.


Here is how the Versatile Blogger Award works:

1) thank and talk about whoever gave you the award

2) share 7 facts about yourself.

3) give the award to 7 other bloggers who rock!

7 Random Facts About Me:



1. I am 100% Italian. Both sides of my family are from the same area in Northern Italy. Andy and I were lucky enough to travel there 4 years ago with my parents, and visit the town where my family is from. It was an amazing trip!



2. I have no sense of direction. I hate when people tell me to go north/south/east or west. I seriously have no idea what that means. It's actually amazing that I ever get anywhere new. Thank goodness for my Gar*min. I'd literally be lost without it!



3. I have known I wanted to be a special education teacher since my sophmore year in high school. One of my teachers, Mr. Schneider, told a few of us we should help out in the special ed. class during our study hall. I did and I loved it. 12 years into teaching, and I still love what I do. Even though my dream job is to be a stay at home mom, I really can't complain. My job is rewarding, and I have some great students.



4. Andy and I have been together for 15 years. We started dating in college after a late night and an after party. We've been through it all together, and I'm so lucky that he is my husband.



5. After college, I traveled around Europe with my roomate and best friend. It was an amazing time and we saw so much. It is truly an experience I will never forget, and I'm so glad we were able to go together.



6. When I was young, we had a pet bird named Drib. My father named it...it's bird spelled backwards.



7. I am addicted to chewing gum. I have been for years. I feel very uncomfortable without it, even though I know all the chomping and popping drives some people crazy. My current favorite is Tri*dent peppermint Splash.



I am supposed to pass this along to a bunch of other people, but I think everyone I know has been picked. Feel free to nominate yourself and let us get to know you better!

7 comments:

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I loved learning more about you! I found it interesting that you are 100% Italian, I'm (literally) 99% German. I am a big fan of gum myself, which is probably why Spencer is as well... and I stash it everywhere... mostly for comfort. ;-)

Christine said...

Interesting facts, Kara! I can totally relate to #2 (as you probably know) and also have no clue about directions. That's why we are bad in a car together--even with a GPS! ;)

Colleen said...

I love these awards being passed around and giving me the chance to get to know everyone a bit better. :)
I am the absolute worst with directions too! I'm even so bad that when I go to the mall and come out of a store, I forget which direction I just came from! And love the name your dad gave your bird! Very funny!

Anonymous said...

What a great list! I loved hearing about "drib" - ha! I am also directionally challenged and am addicted to gum. I guess there are worse things to be addicted to, right? :)

sue said...

i loved reading these things about you too! wow that you are 100% Italian! that's so cool - and not many people can say that nowadays!

Kristen said...

Totally agree w/you about the N/S/E/W thing...um, tell me things like 'turn right by the starbucks' if you really want me to get where i'm going.

Drib - ha!

Kris said...

Um, why am I only now learning that you had a pet bird?! And his name was Drib - hilarious!

I loved reading this list! So interesting that you are 100% Italian and traveled Europe. I'm not good with directions either. And I think it's so cool that you became a special ed teacher.