Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer of Travel





This summer, I had the chance to do a bit of traveling to beautiful places, and spend some time with some amazing people.



At the end of June, I flew to LA to visit my brother. We went to some of the places I read about in U*S Weekly, explored Malibu and Venice Beach, and hiked Mt. Baldy. It was so nice getting to spend time just me and him, and also gave me a chance to understand why he moved to such a great place!




At the end of July, I traveled to Seattle to spend the weekend with an amazing group of women. It was a weekend that I will remember forever, that is hard to put in to words, and that I am blessed to have experienced.



Then at the beginning of August, Andy, the boys and I took our first ever, family only, vacation to Colorado. We drove all the way there, and Monkey and Spike were so well behaved on the car trip, I couldn't have been more proud!



We spent our first few days in Denver, where two of my closest friends live. Amie and Jamie and their families were gracious hosts, and our kids had so much fun playing together.

The kids posing at the restaurant.

Monkey with his new BFF L.




Monkey playing dress up with "the girls."


Spike being the patient for the doctors.



The four friends on the tram.


My boys and the girls watching their morning shows.






The entire group at dinner on our last night. Our friends X and O were there too!



After we spent the weekend with our friends, we headed to Breckenridge forthe rest of the week, just the four of us. We rented a condo and played in the mountains for 5 days. It was a very special time in a truly beautiful place.



The view from our balcony.


Riding the tram up the mountain. (We spent A LOT of time on the tram!)



Panning for gold on the mountain. There was a whole family park area including a "roller coaster" ride (which Monkey went on with Daddy). There was a maze that Spike and Mommy did together (although it took us almost an hour!). Mini-golf, and lots of other fun things to do! We took advantage of a lot of it:).




The boys posing for the camera. I love how they are holding hands!
















We took a chair lift to the very top of the mountain. This gave me mild heart palpitations, but in the end everyone had a fun time.






A view from the top.



We took a day trip to Vail, which is one of Andy's favorite places. We explored the city, ate lunch and went for a long walk. Oh, and we rode a bus too, which I believe may have been the highlight for the boys.






A family shot in front of one of the many animal statues in Vail.




To top off an already amazing trip, we took the boys on a train ride through the mountains. They had a great time, and the grown-ups really enjoyed it too!


The train station.



Waiting for the train.


Spike watching the steam engine.



My boys posing in front of the train bridge.

The train we rode going over the bridge. So cool!


It really was a perfect trip, and Andy and I are lucky to have spent it with our little boys. We can't wait to start planning our trip for next summer!

7 comments:

Dana said...

Wow!! What an amazing summer you have had! I love visiting my sister in California..it's amazing out there! I heard from Kris that you all had such a special time together! So so glad you guys could all get together!! What a fun trip to Colorado!! Love the picture of the boys holding hands...so very sweet!!

Christine said...

You definitely had some fun trips this summer! Your Colorado vacation looks very fun and beautiful! I'm so glad you all had a great time.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

What an amazing summer you've had! I'm so happy I was a little part of it! :-)

I've kind of dismissed Colorado as a vacation spot for us at this point in our lives... but you have me rethinking that... it. looks. fabulous.

(And I'm super jealous of your US*weekly spot sightings)

sue said...

i love that the highlights of your colorado trip revolved around transportation! you definitely have little boys!

i, too love that i got to be a part of your summer travels. your laugh is contagious and i'm so glad we all got to laugh so much together. and you know i love my fellow sound machine roomie :).

JoJo said...

You've had a blast for a summer!! I love all the family pics.

Patti and Rick said...

Such a fun summer! I love all of the pictures of your vacations/trips. It looks like you had such a great time with your boys.

kelly said...

Um, I'm not sure how I missed commenting on this but what a fun summer you've had! I, too, am very glad to have been part of your Seattle jaunt. I had a blast with you ladies and can't wait to do it again. Now, about those boys. Seriously - every time I see them holding hands or have their arms around each other, I want to cry (and then give Max a brother!) They are adorable.