Friday, December 30, 2011

Belated Holiday Post

Since I never put up a holiday post, I thought I'd update with a few pics.

It was a strangely warm December, and the boys had a great time helping daddy put up the lights.


They also loved shopping for Christmas presents. While out and about, they found some decorative duck tape, and spent hours wrapping up old toys and using the tape to secure everything together.


My little Monkey also turned 5. We had a great time celebrating with our foursome, extended family and friends.




We got to go to a lighted fire truck Christmas parade with some good friends.


While we were there, the boys got to see Santa. For the first time in five years, both boys sat on his lap without tears or mommy joining them. So fun!
And the actual holiday. AMAZING. It was so much fun having two little boys who really "got it" this year. From the real meaning of the season, to the excitement and anticipation of Christmas morning. I love these two little people, and they made Christmas 2011 one to remember.

4 comments:

Christine said...

It looks like your holidays were a lot of fun! I love Monkey and Spike in the Santa hats!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Looks like a wonderful season of celebrating! I love the boys and their duct tape. That moves my crafty heart! ;-)

(I also love the escaping J in front of the bouncy house...)

sue said...

duct tape? you are the best.mom.ever. :)

kelly said...

Sounds like you guys had a really nice Christmas! I love the photo of the boys in front of the tree with those cute hats on :)