Sunday, December 26, 2010

Bloggy Backlog - Part 1


Hello friends! The past few weeks have been a blur at our house. We've pretty much had to quarantine ourselves because EVERYONE here has been sick! Andy has pneumonia, I had a sinus infections and the boys took turns with fevers and sore throats. It's been crazy. That, and the fact that I taught all the way through December 23 means I haven't had much computer time!

First of all, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you. I will follow up with a holiday post, but for now I will try to play catch up with some posts of what we did leading up to the holidays.

Our family's other big December celebration is Monkey's birthday. He did WAY more "partying" than any four year old should, but we all had a great time celebrating my little guy!

Monkey's first party was a family party. All the grandparents, aunts and uncles came over to eat his favorite foods: mac and cheese, and Italian sausage. He got to open presents and play with his cousin Michaela. It was perfect.




Blowing out the candles on his plane cake.

Opening up one of his many presents.


Taking a test drive on his big boy bike from Mommy and Daddy.

He also had a celebration at preschool, followed by a celebration at daycare.

Finally, Monkey had his first "friends" party. He decided who he was going to invite. The party list consisted of his preschool friends, daycare friends, Korean friends, and Mommy and Daddy's friends. He also wanted to make sure that Spike, Mommy and Daddy were invited too:). We held the party at Boun*ce To*wn. It was awesome! The kids had so much fun running around and sliding down all the bouncers. The best part for us was no clean up when it was all over!




Patiently listening to the B-Town rules with some of his friends.


Come on guys...let's go!



A few attempts to take a grop picture with adreneline infused toddlers!






Blowing out candles on his 2nd birthday cake.





Monkey's birthday parties were so much fun. He had a great time, and he is definitely a boy who deserves to be celebrated!

13 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said...

Aw, happy birthday Monkey! Looks like a fun time :)

Christine said...

I hope you are all feeling better! All that sickness sounds so yucky. :( Monkey's family party looks great! And we know that his friends party was lots of fun. Joel still talks about Bouncetown. :)

sue said...

monkey deserves as many parties as he can get! we loved bouncetown, cohen loved every single second of it!

you guys need a break from being sick! i'm glad you are off and enjoying your boys. i hope andy is better soon!

Grace said...

happy birthday to monkey!
and i hope you are all feeling better! being sick stinks big time!

Grace said...

happy birthday to monkey!
and i hope you are all feeling better! being sick stinks big time!

JoJo said...

that is a lot of parties! Sorry we missed it, but Happy Birthday, Monkey!

Anonymous said...

No such thing as too many parties. :) Happy belated Birthday to Monkey!

Kristen said...

there are certainly some awful viruses going around right now, sorry to hear you've all been so sick. hope everyone is feeling better!

monkey's parties look like a lot of fun!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I sooooo need to follow your "bloggy backlog" lead! Just not tonight. ;-)

Happy Birthday to Monkey!!! It looks like lots of good times were had... the only way to do it! ;-)

Now, get better and stay better.. ok?!!

kelly said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Monkey! Having lots of parties is pretty cool - you deserve it. I think I recognize Cohen at Bounce Town - which looks awesome by the way. So fun! Kara, I am so sorry about all the sickness - that's just not fair. I hope, hope that it's all behind you now and you can start 2011 off right!

Patti and Rick said...

Such a fun birthday party and cool bike!

Min said...

Happy birthday to Monkey! The bounce place looks amazing!

Kris said...

I can't believe how sick you all were!! I hope that's the last of it for a long time. That birthday party looked like a blast!! Hope Monkey had a great time!!