We celebrate Family Day for both of our boys, and they both happen to occur in January. Yet another month I am reminded how lucky I am to be the mother of both Monkey and Spike.
4 years ago, on January 1st, Andy and I were finally able to bring our baby home. Monkey was in the NICU for a month, due to his premature birth. It was an overwhelming time, as we learned to care for a tiny newborn, and figured out how to be parents.

4 years later, we are so proud of the little boy Monkey has become. He is a curious, sensitive, and loving little boy. He has definitely changed our lives for the better.
For his family day, Monkey wanted to stay close to home and then go to eat at "Flying Buffalo Wings." He likes that restaurant because it has a monitor at the table that lets you play games while you wait for your food. It was a great day with family, and we topped it off with cookies, and a special book for our special guy.
January 23rd was the 2 year anniversary of Spike joining out family. 2 years ago, our long flight from Korea culminated with our two sons meeting each other for the first time. Again, we went through an adjustment of learning how to be a family of four.

Spike is a persistent, affectionate, loveable little guy, and we are so lucky he is our son!
For Spike's family day, we went to our local children's museum, and had a blast playing and discovering all the exhibits. He also wanted to eat at "Flying Buffalo Wings," so back we went. For his special day, we finally made Spike his lifebook. He absolutely LOVES it, and it has been wonderful to really share his story with him.
Both celebrations were in honor of my children, but I can't help but feel that I'm the lucky one. I am always emotional on these days because it reminds me that I have been blessed with my family. And I couldn't be more happy or proud to be the parent of these two sweet boys.
15 comments:
Happy double family days!
Waiting for the very first January 23rd reward seemed to be a such a long and painful journey for us, but the two years since then have flown right by. We're guessing that the same is true for you. We love checking in on you guys and seeing your boys grow. What a blessing.
Happy Family Days!! You have 2 great boys :)
How funny -- my boys always beg to go to "Buffalo Wild Chickens". I think we're talking about the same restaurant!!
Congrats on your family days - what a cool thing to celebrate.
What an awesome month for your family. SO MUCH to celebrate!
Happy Family Days! I'm glad you posted the pic of Monkey just home from the hospital. Wow, was he tiny! Your boys are both so cute and fun. You are a wonderful family!
How cool is it that both your boys have family days within the same month?! Both sound like the perfect days to celebrate two of the coolest kids around!
Happy Family Day to your boys! That is great that they share family days in the same month!
happy family day to monkey and spike! so special!
that flying buffalo wing place sounds fun! good choice, boys!
p.s. that picture of monkey is pricelss! adorable!
too many exclamation points in this comment!
awww! i love seeing the photo of monkey as an infant and also of monkey and spike's first meeting. how cool to have both of their family days in the same month. and "flying buffalo wings" sounds like a place i'd like to check out! :)
kara, this is a wonderful post. look how tiny both monkey and spike were when they came home!
happy family days to your beautiful family!
Oh wow, happy (double) family day to you guys! What a special month for you all. I hope some day I get to meet your beautiful, sweet little boys (oh, and you, too, my friend!).
It's amazing how time has just flown by. It's been a joy to watch the grown into such sweet boys. Happy family days!
Happy Family Days! We just missed each other in Seoul - crazy.
Double the FUN! Beautiful family
Post a Comment