Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Half - Birthday

Today little Spike turns 6 months old. It is a bittersweet day for us. On one hand it is amazing to realize we have another beautiful, healthy son waiting for us on the other side of the world. On the other, we just want to have him in our arms and love him and cuddle him.

I can't help wondering...is he trying to roll over, has he started cutting any teeth, what kind of facial expressions does he make (besides smiling...we know he can do that!)? I am so thankful that he is being cared for by his foster family, who hopefully loves him even a fraction that we do. I just wish I was the one witnessing all his firsts, but I have to remind myself that will happen in time.

Please take a minute out of your day to say a little prayer for Spike, his foster family, and a speedy paperwork process!

*Edit* Yikes...Thanks to my Lifelink friends for pointing out I left out a very important person. Spike's birthmom. We think of her everyday, and she is probably the only person who can truly relate to how we are feeling right now. Except that we know that Spike will eventually be in our arms, and her brave decision is the reason he will be placed there. So an extra special prayer will be said for her today.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Happy 6-Month Birthday, Dear Spike!

Also, prayers going up for his Birthmom who too is thinking of him today and wondering about his facial expressions. May God watch over all of you and reveal his plan to you when the time is right.

Jill said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday, Spike!

Rach@In His Hands said...

Happy 6 Month Birthday to sweet Spike! Lots of prayers for him, his foster family, & birth family!

Kristen said...

Happy 1/2 birthday Spike...I'll say a special prayer for you & all those who love you today!

It is a surreal experience knowing your child is living half a world away. I know it feels like you are missing so much, but there will be so many "firsts" you will be part of in the years to come.

Kristen